Sugar vs HFS vs Low Calorie Sweeteners: How Will Changing Consumer Needs Drive Demand?
Sugar and HFS are under siege in many markets, facing concerns in particular over obesity-related health issues, with resulting taxes and revisions to food guidelines.
Does this mean that low calorie sweeteners will be able to capture the growth potential and fill the gap, after a period of flat demand? Will the caloric sweeteners divert attention to other markets which are seeing a strong rise in per capita consumption?
The latest in our annual service on the alternative sweetener market assesses the trends and outlook for major low calorie and caloric sweeteners around the world, for the next 5 years.
- Clients receive LMC’s unique demand database for sweeteners – by sweetener, by end-use, for global regions and key national markets – for 2010-2022. The database reveals the countries, sweeteners and end uses with the greatest market potential.
- A 30-page written report provides context to the demand estimates and forecasts, identifying key developments in the sector and what they mean for the coming years.
Service in Detail
We examine 7 low calorie or intense sweeteners and 3 caloric sweeteners, and the demand for each in 4 end-uses and in 6 regional and 11 national markets:
Low Calorie or Intense Sweeteners
- Stevia – High purity (CSD-quality) blends, including Rebaudioside-A
- Stevia – Other (lower grade) blends
- Glucose (dextrose)
- High Fructose Syrup (HFS)
- Table Top
Regions & Countries
- NAFTA - US, Canada, Mexico
- South America - Brazil
- EU - France, Germany, UK
- Asia-Pacific - China, India, Japan, South Korea
2010 - 2017 (estimates)
2018 - 2022 (forecasts)
You will receive:
LMC Global Sweetener Demand Database
LMC’s unique estimates and forecasts of global sweetener demand – by sweetener, by end-use, by region and country, 2010-2020 – in an Excel pivot table
A written summary report highlighting key recent developments and trends in the global sweetener market and their impact for the future.
Methodology for Estimating and Forecasting Demand
Written explanation – in PDF
Access to LMC Experts
Reasonable access to LMC experts for discussion of the forecasts - by telephone and email
For more information, including screen shots of the database, please download the brochure.