The LMC Oilseeds & Oils 2017 Report is the latest in our series analysing the key developments and trends in the global oilseeds market over both the short and long term.
The implications of a slowdown in palm oil production are very significant after 20 years of expansion. With ever growing demand for oils the world needs the expansion of other crops. At the same time we are moving into a “protein decade” with rising demand for meat. Will this demand be enough to absorb the huge growth in meals as a result of higher oilseed production especially soybeans?
Our updated view of the industry delivers strategic conclusions that are pivotal for implementing planning for the next 10 years.
It answers key questions such as:
• What price is needed to drive oilseed expansion?
• What oilseeds, where, will fill the gap in supply?
• What are the opportunities for meals across end uses?
• What is the potential demand from aquaculture?
• What will this mean for meal prices?
Soybeans, oil palm, palm kernel, rapeseed/canola, sunflower, coconut + their associated protein meals.
• Production in 27 Major Producing Countries
• Consumption in 18 Key Consumer Countries – Split by End-Use (food, biodiesel and other industrial) and Type of Oil (for the larger markets)
• Supply/Demand Balances
• Forecasts to 2030
• Outlook for Trade and the Influence of Policy
• Price Outlook – Towards a New Price Era
• Production costs in 28 countries: field/processing cost estimates
• Forecasts to 2030 by individual oil and meal
You will receive:
Strategic Conclusions in PowerPoint Slides
A concise overview of the report’s key findings and strategic recommendations with points to watch
In-depth analysis, tables and diagrams in 5 concise sections.
Each section opens with a brief summary and is supplemented by an annex with additional data and supporting analysis
LMC’s Interactive Dashboard presenting Key Data in Excel
Using an user-friendly interface it presents data by country, oilseed, oil and meal - production costs, production, consumption, prices and price forecasts – in Excel
LMC Consultation: Presentation and Q&A Day
A day’s consulting by Dr James Fry, LMC’s Chairman or David Jackson, Director of Oils to present the report’s findings
For more information or to subscribe to the study, contact our Oils experts, or download the brochure