Senior Economist and Research Lead
LMC is an independent business consulting firm employing more than 100 people in seven countries and headquartered in Oxford, United Kingdom. The job is with LMC International at their office in Troy, Michigan
LMC comprises two companies:
- LMC International serves the global agribusiness sector and its downstream food, fuel and chemical industries, delivering industry and policy analysis, as well as short-term market projections and long-term strategic insights
- LMC Automotive serves the global automotive sector, providing forecasts and market intelligence for automotive sales, production, powertrain and electrification.
Developing your career at LMC will challenge you intellectually, while rewarding you with the opportunity to shape industry decisions and government policies. You will be involved in projects with renowned companies, agencies, governments and institutions, often for very senior executives or officials.
LMC experts are globally respected and you will lead a small North American team based in LMC Automotive’s office of 15-20 people in Troy, Michigan. You will report to senior staff in our Oxford headquarters and liaise with sales staff in New York.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Lead our research efforts for the Americas
- Prepare reports and presentations for clients
- Liaise with other LMC offices worldwide, especially with the Oxford, England HQ
- Work closely with our North American sales team to build on LMC’s excellent local reputation
- Develop new sources of market intelligence for the Americas
- Engage with and develop relationships with market participants, including at very senior levels
- Manage junior economists in the preparation of LMC analysis
- Master’s degree (or higher) in Economics, with Ag Economics preferred
- 3 or more years’ experience in experience in applied economic and quantitative analysis
- Familiarity with North American agricultural practices and policy
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Spanish language skills would be an advantage
- Experience in Excel and PowerPoint
Type of candidate
The role will suit a candidate who possesses:
- Curiosity and an interest in agricultural commodity research
- Numeracy and commercial awareness
- The ability to write clearly about economic and market analysis
- An outgoing personality with interest in developing a network of contacts and clients
- High levels of maturity, good interpersonal skills and integrity
- The ability to lead a small group and develop a strong team ethic
Financial package will be competitive and reflect the successful applicant’s skills and experience.
Application process and deadline
Please send your resume and a covering letter to: email@example.com by Friday March 1, 2019.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Oxford University DIPs (Doctoral Internship Programme)
LMC offers a number of DIPs designed to launch the business career of successful candidates. By focusing intensely on a major LMC project, you will gain experience at all stages of its production – from data gathering and analysis to developing our strategic conclusions and publishing the final client report. Selected opportunities offer field research in South East Asia, USA and Africa with the additional benefit of daily working in our Oxford office.
Our DIPs Flyer outlines the projects available now and how to apply.
We are globally renowned market experts, number crunchers, economic forecasters and storytellers who are inspired by shaping client business decisions and government policies through diligent analysis and intelligent foresight. Our sector teams dive deep into the data and dynamics which drive their industry and we travel the world to discuss our conclusions with our clients as well as at trade conferences. As a company, our roots are steeped in respect – for each other, for our clients and for the analytical rigour needed to be the world’s go-to consultancy firm in the agribusiness value chain. Sound like a challenge to sink your teeth into?
Take a look at our Current Opportunity Flyers and send us your CV and Cover Letter (please include the answer as to ‘why LMC?’).
We offer a competitive salary, generous pension scheme, life insurance and leave package.
For Oxford-based opportunities, applicants will only be considered if they are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Internships & Placements
At LMC we’ve been inspired by the success of our University Internship and Placement programme which was launched in 2015. Working with respected universities, we are offering a selected number of 3, 6, 9 and 12 month placements. At LMC you will work side-by-side with our Analysts, Consultants and Directors as a crucial member of key project teams. By diving headfirst into our challenging profession, we will equip you with the experience employers seek: responsibility, transferable analytical skills, exposure to high profile clients and time management.
Visit us at University Career Fairs and download our Flyer for further details.